Monday, February 1, 2010

Meet Slade - Serving our Country - Army

I ran into Slade in the G terminal at O'Hare airport Saturday. It was a very short conversation because we were both getting ready to board flights. Slade is just back from Iraq. He's stationed in Texas, hometown is Boston BUT the most exciting part is that he was headed to Iowa to see his two month old daughter for the first time! Slade, I hope it was a great visit! Thank you, Slade, for serving our country and keeping us safe!



Now at the risk of offending the Army, I have to comment on the new fuzzy jackets I saw on two soldiers. This isn't what I would call Army green. In fact, its very close to the color of my bedroom which is more of a spa green. See them side by side - blanket and close up of the jacket. Is this the new Army green?




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for telling us about Slade; that's great that he was going to see his baby.

    I think the Army green is darker than the spa green. Thanks for being so diligent in taking photos so we could compare!

    ReplyDelete