Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sturgis - ride or drive?

According to Mapquest, Sturgis, SD is 1010 miles from where I live and it will take 15hrs and 1 min to drive there - all interstate driving if I want to get there the fastest route. 

I asked several bikers for recommendations - most of them surprised me - they said trailer there and save your energy for daily, long rides once you're up there.  Seems kind of whimpy to me to trailer a bike when the whole purpose of the trip is to ride, but since the only people I know going are trailering, I decided to do the same. 

My friends from here have no room on their trailer for my bike, so where to get a trailer?  Buy one?  Borrow one?  Rent one?  Friend and fellow rider, Gwen, connected me with a friend of hers who isn't going this year and he said I could borrow his trailer. 

Next decision - where to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment