Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's so cool about Austin?

I've been to Austin 3 times in the past year and I look forward to returning.  Why? 

Its pretty, especially the river



Great places to eat.  Seriously,  great food!


lots of these food trailers - everywhere

another food trailer...love the name (didn't try the food....yet)

on South Congress (did eat here...great food, nice/casual atmosphere

if you run out of time to track this down in the city, there's a small one in the airport

Great looking capital building - inside and out

I did wonder why the dome is painted
Looking up into the dome
same view, just zoomed in a little more
Big zoom...and there it is...the Star and "TEXAS"

if you stand exactly in the center of the star and talk (or sing) it sounds like you're using a microphone...but only if you're right in the center

Doorknob - on door of the capital.  What's with all of the stars in Texas?

Some wildlife

I took his photo...he's thinking "awww nuts!)
right down Congress

2 legged wild life....she was only topped by the guy riding his bike in a red thong (which I didn't see, thank you, Kellie)
 Lots of stuff so you can play cowboy (or cowgirl)

so many choices...I can't make one


Austin, I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment